Build an Online Course with Sketchnotes
Turn your passion and skills into a transformative educational experience for others.
The Thing About Sketchnoters
Here’s something that I’ve noticed about the people who become enthusiastic about sketchnoting:
Lifelong Learners & Makers
They’re eager to continue building their visual thinking skills and use those skills in new ways.
Skills & Experience
They’ve already got experience and skills in some other field.
They’re passionate about the work they do in that field and the impact that it has on the world.
They want to share that passion with others.
What I’m presenting here is an opportunity for you to bring all of those things together to create an engaging and transformative online course that others will benefit from.
How Sketchnotes Can Help
Here’s how sketchnoting will help you throughout the process of building an online course:
Use sketchnotes to help research, plan, and create buzz about your course by sharing your work as you go.
Create visual hooks within your lessons to more efficiently and effectively share your ideas.
Create engaging printable activities to anchor the actions that you encourage your students to take.
Who’s Making This?
My name is Doug Neill, and here’s a bit of my background:
- In 2011 I received a Master of Arts in Teaching from Pacific University, with secondary certifications in Math, Science, and ESL.
- That same year I got pulled into the world of visual thinking and documented my skill development over at The Graphic Recorder.
- I launched Verbal To Visual in 2013 to help others develop their sketchnoting skills, and have built five courses to date: An Introduction To Visual Note-Taking, How To Make Sketchnote Videos, Sketchnoting In The Classroom, Learn In Public, and Learn a New Language with Sketchnotes.
Follow The Journey
In addition to learning from my past experience, you’ll also get to see me and a few friends of mine each develop an entirely new course from scratch, and have conversations each week about how it’s going.
December 2018 Update
We’ve been plugging away throughout the year, and here’s an update to let you know how far we’ve come:
In each of the recorded webinars you’ll get to watch real, unfiltered conversations about our struggles, our excitement, and each of our approaches to building an online course using sketchnotes.
Workshop Lessons Currently Available
- Week 1: Define the Transformation
- Week 2: Define the Delivery
- Week 3: Introducing the Clothesline Method
- Week 4: Filling Your Clothesline
- Week 5: Creating Lesson One-Pagers
- Week 6: Drafting the First Half of Your Course
- Week 7: Drafting the Second Half of Your Course
- Week 8: Produce Your First Lesson
- Week 9: Producing the First Half of Your Course
- Week 10: Producing the Second Half of Your Course
- Week 11: Build the Educational Environment
- Week 12: Launch, Get Feedback, and Improve
But we’re not stopping at those recorded webinar workshops.
I’m now in the process of refining all of the lessons, creating sketchnote videos for each unit, and developing printable activities to help you take action on the ideas shared.
Those final lessons will be released in February of 2019. In the meantime, all of our webinar workshops are available for you to watch so that you can start developing your own course ideas!
Why Sign Up Now?
Here’s why you might want to sign up at this stage of development:
Watch in Real Time
Watch our conversations unfold in real time, week to week, and start doing the work yourself.
Help Shape this Resource
At the end of each workshop replay you’ll get to add your own input, share feedback, and ask questions to help shape the final version of this resource.
By signing up now you’ll get the course for half of the final price!
You have skills and experience and passion about a topic that other people could benefit from. Here’s your chance to share it.
When the final version of this course comes out in February of 2019 the price will increase to $99.
One-Time Fee For Lifetime Access
Once you order this course you’ll have full lifetime access to all current and future resources contained within this course.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
I want you to be able to experience this course from the inside to see whether or not it’s a good fit for you. With that in mind, if you’re not satisfied with what you see within 30 days after the final version of the course goes live, I’ll be happy to return your money.
Want to save money by picking up a few courses at once? Build an Online Course with Sketchnotes is included in the following course bundles: