Seeking out the offer that’s hidden in a frustrating situation.
The Doug Neill Show: Episode #37
Recorded on September 27th, 2019
You can browse all episodes here.
- 0:34 – This week I’m sharing a story that prompted me to think about the book (and idea): Everything’s an Offer.
- 2:18 – The wrench that was thrown into my weekly plans: a kind gift send to me – a pre-released edition of the Sketchnote Ideabook during the last few days of its Kickstarter campaign.
- 3:33 – The offer that my situation presented: why not use that notebook to record the video I had planned? This week I released a short first impressions video about the new notebook, and I’m already ahead for next week’s work!
- 5:25 – This particular “wrench in the system” is a pretty rosy one. Oftentimes the wrench will be more frustrating and out of your control (go check out Screw You, Bronchitis for an example in that category).
- 6:54 – Keep a look out for the offers hidden in your frustrations (big and small) that crop up in the short and long term. For a visual template to help you find the offer, come join us on Patreon!
The Video Version
I recently launched a YouTube channel for the show! Hope you enjoy it.
Visual Templates for Creative Business-Builders
Want a bit of extra support as you take action on the ideas from this podcast and build your own creative career?
Get a sketchnote summary and visual template for each episode by
becoming a supporter on Patreon.
Thanks for listening, and talk with you again next week!