In a transition episode (as I gear up for the completion of a big project), I share how a focus on developing fundamental skills helped to pull me out of a creative slump.
The Doug Neill Show: Episode #8
Recorded on February 14th, 2019
You can browse all episodes here.
Be Willing To Adapt
0:38 – 5:19
How a looming deadline on a big project is forcing me to adapt my approach to this newer creator endeavor of mine.
- The reason I’m pairing things down a bit: I’m in the final stages of work on Build an Online Course with Sketchnotes and need to create a bit more space for that.
- Here’s an update video that explains stage one and stage two of that resource.
- Related segment: Leave A Bit In The Tank.
Focus On The Fundamentals
5:19 – 13:31
How focusing on the fundamental skills at the core of your creative work can bolster your energies, especially when in a slump.
- I talk about the source of my slump in the last episode: Screw You Bronchitis.
- The resource that I’ve been using to developing my drawing skills (for the purpose of visual note-taking): The Noun Project.
- Here’s my general approach to drawing (for sketchnoters).
Visual Templates for Creative Business-Builders
Want a bit of extra support as you take action on the ideas from this podcast and build your own creative career?
Get a sketchnote summary and visual template for each episode by
becoming a supporter on Patreon.
Thanks for listening, and talk with you again next week!