Learn a New Language with Sketchnotes
Break Barriers and Cross Borders
Have you always wanted to learn a new language, but have lacked the support to follow through on that desire? I think sketchnotes can help with that.
Illustrated Video Lessons
Here’s a full list of lessons that are available within this course.
Unit 1: An Introduction
- 1.1 Course Overview
- 1.2 Your Language Learning Goal
- 1.3 Sketchnoting & Language Learning
- 1.4 Gather Your Resources
Unit 2: Your Language Learning Plan
- 2.1 Your Plan: Build It
- 2.2 Your Plan: Use It
- 2.3 Your Plan: Refine It
Unit 3: Learning Words (Beginner Language Level)
- 3.1 Learning Words (Unit Overview)
- 3.2 Sketch Scenes to Build Vocabulary
- 3.3 Mind Maps to Connect Words
- 3.4 Stick Figures to Learn Verbs
- 3.5 Sketchnoted Vocabulary Flashcards
- 3.6 Drawing Faces to Learn Emotions
Unit 4: Building Sentences (Intermediate Language Level)
- 4.1 Building Sentences (Unit Overview)
- 4.2 Sketchnoting Interesting Quotes
- 4.3 Storytelling with Scenes
- 4.4 Mark Up The Margins
- 4.5 Verb Conjugation Diagrams
- 4.6 Past, Present, Future
Unit 5: Full Immersion (Advanced Language Level)
- 5.1 Full Immersion (Unit Overview)
- 5.2 A Night at the Movies
- 5.3 Sketchnoting the News
- 5.4 Start a Gratitude Journal
- 5.5 Sketchnoting Song Lyrics
- 5.6 Close Your Eyes & Listen
My name is Doug Neill, and here’s a bit of my background:
- As an undergraduate at Willamette University in Oregon I studied Physics and Spanish, spent a year living abroad, and discovered how much I loved learning and teaching.
- In 2011 I received a Master of Arts in Teaching from Pacific University, with secondary certifications in Math, Science, and ESL.
- That same year I got pulled into the world of visual thinking and documented my skill development over at The Graphic Recorder. That work led to freelance sketchnoting gigs with Nike, Concordia University, the radio program On Being, and author Chris Guillebeau, among others.
- I launched Verbal To Visual in 2013 to help others develop their sketchnoting skills, and have built six courses to date, each of which focuses on a different application of this skill.
Get a feel for the instructional style by checking out this lesson on using sketched scenes as a way to build your vocabulary in your target language.
Ready to dive in and start applying your visual note-taking skills to a new language that you’re learning?
Pick Up This Course
Get immediate access to all video lessons and downloadable resources:
One-Time Fee For Lifetime Access
Once you order this course you’ll have full lifetime access to all current and future resources contained within this course.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
I want you to be able to experience this course from the inside to see whether or not it’s a good fit for you. With that in mind, if you’re not happy with what you see after your first 30 days, I’d be happy to return your money.
Want to save money by picking up a few courses at once? Learn a New Language with Sketchnotes is included in the following course bundles: