Exploring the role that nature can play in your creative life.
The Doug Neill Show: Episode #13
Recorded on March 24th, 2019
You can browse all episodes here.
An Immersive Experience
0:32 – 11:02
How time spent in natural environments can produce a sense of renewal and bring momentum where before there was stagnancy.
- The podcast conversation between Debbie Millman and Ingrid Fetell Lee.
- My sketchnotes of that convo.
- Just because it’s common sense that doesn’t mean it’s common practice. I’ve heard that sentiment numerous times from Todd Henry on his podcast The Accidental Creative.
- A blog post that I wrote (and published on a since-abandoned site) about my walks in Forest Park.
The Power of Passive Stimulation
11:02 – 15:54
The surprising power of a window with a view.
- One of my previous offices was a windowless room in the basement of Wayfinding Academy (check out Michelle’s TEDx talk!).
- The only challenge of lots of natural light in my current space – makes it hard to maintain consistent lighting when making course videos for Verbal To Visual!
A Cross-Country Train Trip
15:54 – 18:45
An upcoming experience that could be the perfect combination of an immersive travel experience with plenty of passive stimulation.
Visual Templates for Creative Business-Builders
Want a bit of extra support as you take action on the ideas from this podcast and build your own creative career?
Get a sketchnote summary and visual template for each episode by
becoming a supporter on Patreon.
Thanks for listening, and talk with you again next week!