The story of getting to our first 25 Patrons, and how it took much longer than I expected.
The Doug Neill Show: Episode #32
Recorded on August 6th, 2019
You can browse all episodes here.
- 0:33 – Celebrating hitting our first goal on Patreon: 25 supporters! Thank you so much!!!
- 1:17 – I have a confession to make: I thought we’d get here a lot sooner. Let’s talk about expectations.
- 2:17 – Backing up to the beginning of this year, why I chose to start this show, and why I’m using Patreon to help support it.
- 4:22 – How the launch of the show went.
- 6:20 – The first lesson I learned from this process: you’ve got to give folks time to get to know the thing that you’re making. During that time you’ve got to keep making and sharing things.
- 8:20 – The value of freshness, and how your latest work is what can lead folks to your archive.
- 10:01 – The second thing I learned from this process: you’ve got to give yourself time to figure out the right value exchange – the resources that you’re creating and charging for.
- 11:43 – Outlining the Patreon tiers that currently feel like a good fit.
- 14:56 – A more recent adjustment to this show: adding a video component! (See below.)
- 17:15 – The cross-pollination of multiple projects.
- 18:20 – Recap of the importance of giving time to find the right value exchange.
- 19:14 – Identifying the next two Patreon goals that we’re now working toward!
- 21:44 – Wrapping it up for this week.
The Video Version
I recently launched a YouTube channel for the show! Hope you enjoy it.
Visual Templates for Creative Business-Builders
Want a bit of extra support as you take action on the ideas from this podcast and build your own creative career?
Get a sketchnote summary and visual template for each episode by
becoming a supporter on Patreon.
Thanks for listening, and talk with you again next week!