What are you highest creative and career priorities right now? Do your daily actions reflect those priorities? In this episode I share a shift in my own priorities after the completion of a big project.
The Doug Neill Show: Episode #14
Recorded on March 29th, 2019
You can browse all episodes here.
Why My Priorities Are Shifting
0:32 – 3:38
The reason that I’ve been rethinking my priorities this week.
- The new resource that I just completed: Build an Online Course with Sketchnotes.
- The question I’m facing: what next? What should take over the top spot on my list of priorities?
The New Hierarchy
3:38 – 14:49
A look at my top five priorities for the foreseeable future.
- The things that I make and share publicly: the blog.
- The things I make and sell to fuel my economic engine: these courses.
- Here’s the episode in which we explore Jim Collins’ ideas of Hedgehog Mode and the Flywheel Effect.
- Steven Pressfield’s The War of Art.
- My top priority: weekly video tutorials and sketchnotes at Verbal To Visual.
- My second priority: a little bit of time on the new course and a little bit of time improving old ones.
- My third priority: building a resource connected to this podcast!
- My fourth and fifth priorities: developing my writing and music skills (more on that in the future).
Visual Templates for Creative Business-Builders
Want a bit of extra support as you take action on the ideas from this podcast and build your own creative career?
Get a sketchnote summary and visual template for each episode by
becoming a supporter on Patreon.
Thanks for listening, and talk with you again next week!