Timelines aren’t just for true crime documentaries.
They’re also a useful tool to help you better understand the past, plan for the future, and appreciate where you are right now.
In the video above I share five different timeline formats that you can sketch out by hand to help you wrap your head around the next project you decide to take on.
Which format suits your needs best?
Links mentioned in the video:
- Build an Online Course with Sketchnotes
- Eva-Lotta Lamm’s vertical timeline
- How I Became A Sketchnote Educator
- Elizabeth Gilbert on Learning in Public
- Establish Your Routine
- Heather Martinez’s circular timeline
- Brandy Agerbeck’s visual thinking training
Want to dig deeper into the development of your own sketchnoting skills?
Check out our library of online courses:
Here’s a great place to start: An Introduction to Visual Note-Taking.
You can explore the full course library here.
Good luck giving one or more of the timeline structures above a try!